The Alabama Board of Nursing is pleased to announce a new service for health care agencies. Group online verification with PUSH technology is in the development stages. You can subscribe annually and once you input the license numbers of the nurses employed in your facility/agency, you will receive electronic notification at any time the license status of your nursing employees changes, including renewal. In addition, subscribing will eliminate the need to submit your annual report of employing agencies as it will be done electronically through the online verification process.
What do you need to do?
- Determine the level of service.
- Submit the registration form along with payment of the annual fee.
- Follow the directions for input of employed license numbers into the web site.
Why should I subscribe?
- Provides license verification information without phone calls or written requests.
- PUSH technology will notify you within 24-48 hours if the license status changes.
- Reduces the risk of individuals working without proper authorization from the Board of Nursing.
- Provides information to employer about the individual nurse.
- Eliminates the need for submitting annual report of employing agencies to the Board.
What are the levels of service and what is the price?
LEVEL ONE: Subscription fee of $100 annually
- PUSH technology
- Name of licensee
- License Number
- License status (including temporary permits)
- Expiration date of license
- Original date of licensure
LEVEL TWO: Subscription fee of $750 annually
LEVEL THREE: Subscription fee of $1500 annually
- All of Level One and Two +
- Advanced practice status
- Date of initial approval of advanced practice status
- Date of expiration of advanced practice status
- Name of collaborating physician for CRNP, CNM
- Prescriptive authority: Yes or No for CRNP, CNM
What if I have questions?
Genell Lee, Executive Officer or Jennifer Broomfield, Chief Fiscal Officer at 334-293-5200