Alabama Board of Nursing
Mission, Values, and Vision
The mission of the Alabama Board of Nursing is to safeguard and promote the health, safety and welfare of the public through licensing and approval of qualified individuals and adopting and enforcing legal standards for nursing education and nursing practice.
- Integrity: The Board approaches its decisions with honesty and forthrightness.
- Fairness: The Board’s decisions are based on the law with consistency in application to achieve equal treatment.
- Objectivity: The Board values objective, evidence-based data, including facts and circumstances in enforcing the law.
- Quality: The Board values evidence-based decisions that are legally sound, fiscally responsible, and operationally efficient.
- Collaboration: The Board works with other organizations, agencies, groups and individuals to assure the best outcome in reaching its decisions. The Board is also committed to sharing data regarding the nursing workforce.
- Innovation: The Board is committed to innovative uses of technology and processes to support the mission of the Board.
- Diversity: The Board respects varying perspectives, cultures, and ideas.
The Alabama Board of Nursing will be nationally recognized as a leader in achieving regulation of nursing education and practice.
About the Board